Happy 4th of July! Right now, you’re probably preparing the grill, rounding up the kids and making last-minute trips to the grocery store. Your guests will be here soon! We’ve laid out a quick list of day-of-party advice to help get you through the day.
- Forget about the bedrooms and office. Focus on the the areas where guests congregate. There’s no need to scrub the house from top to bottom. your top three areas for summer parties will most likely be your backyard, kitchen and living room.
- Have a buddy! Never try to prepare for a party alone. Whether it’s your spouse or good friend, be sure to split the duties to avoid feeling overwhelmed.
- Have a list ready of last-minute items. Party staples like fresh fruit, meat or ice are usually bought morning-of. Have this list ready! This is also a perfect task to assign toy our buddy.
- Tailor your cleaning to the guest list and occasion. Is it a few friends or your party of the year? Your close friends don’t mind a mess here and there, so don’t stress.
- Clear the clutter. If you don’t have time for last-minute detail cleaning, at least move the clutter to an unseen place or organize it. A clutter-free home immediately looks cleaner without the extra scrubbing and sweeping.
Most of all, remember to enjoy the day. Holidays are (or should) be all about spending time with friends and family. When your red, white and blue decor is up and the clutter has been put away, tweet at us! Send us a photo of your patriotic home by tagging @TheRedVault. Now, off to cleaning!