A New Year brings new opportunities, ideas and experiences. Why limit your resolutions to the classic tropes of weight loss or caffeine cutting? Expand your resolutions to inspire change in interior design pursuits, as well! These décor resolutions not only create an updated and stylish home, but they also pave the way for a more comfortable and curated lifestyle.
- Feng Shui-ing your home – This ancient Chinese technique is used to create harmony and peace in your home décor. The ultimate goal of feng shui is to eliminate stress and negative energy from your home. Creating an open and inviting space by defining your energy map, and following it, will result in a tranquil atmosphere.
- De-Cluttering for a stress-free year – Clutter has the power to create more stress than our work and personal issues combined. To regain control, designate easily accessible “homes” for practical and frequently used items. You can also de-clutter by purging your home of things you no longer see yourself using or even forgot you owned! Getting rid of chaos in the home can also get rid of chaos in your mind. For more de-cluttering tips, check out our blog.
- Leaving your design comfort zone – Oftentimes, when we redecorate, we find ourselves reverting back to elements and themes that we have previously used. This year, we encourage you to step out of your comfort zone and explore new designs – particularly colors! Get rid of neutrals and incorporate a more diverse palette for a happier and more inspired ambience.
- Trying DIY home décor – Save pennies by testing out all of those DIY home décor projects you’ve pinned on Pinterest, whether functional or purely decorative. For example, organize your makeup on a magnetic board for added style and easy access, or exceed your personal expectations by building a pallet coffee table for your family room!
- Frequently refreshing your design – Even when our homes are up-to-date with current trends, we can easily get tired of the décor we chose. Eliminate this issue by frequently updating small elements. Make your home feel alive by adding a fresh coat of paint to your accent wall or swapping your standard art frames for something more ornate.
These resolutions, whether you take on one or all, can help create a home that’s just as unique as you. For more ideas, check out our Instagram!
Feature photo: Barry Calhoun Photography