The holidays can sometimes bring as much stress as they do cheer, particularly when hunting for the perfect gifts for your loved ones. To help you scratch a few names off of your list, we’ve come up with some last minute gift ideas for your interior design-loving friends!
- For the comfort seeker – We love faux fur, and lucky for us, it was one of the biggest design trends in 2015! Gift your friend a fur blanket or rug to add a cozy and chic element to their space! Check out our faux fur blog for inspiration! Photo: JWS Interiors.
- For the reader – Whether it’s an engaging novel, or a subscription, or a highly respected design magazine, reading material is the perfect way to foster inspiration moving into the New Year. Alternatively, reading material can be used as office décor! Try the Big Book of Chic or Made to Order.
- For the entertainer – Give your friend a unique set of dishware to tie together their kitchen décor or tablescape. Dish settings aren’t just for dining anymore! You can show off interesting pieces on open shelves. We can’t stop perusing Anthropologie’s dining set options.
- For the coffee drinker – Pantone set the design world abuzz by choosing two Colors of the Year for 2016 – Rose Quartz and Serenity!. Have your design friend pour his or her coffee into one of these mugs to give them the color inspo they need first thing in the morning!
- For the nature buff – Succulents and terrariums are a low-maintenance, trendy way to incorporate greenery in the home. For your nature-loving interior design friend, what’s a better gift than a kit to create his or her own terrarium?
- For the one who has everything – While you can never go wrong with a gift card to Home Depot or West Elm, sometimes that feels too impersonal, particularly around the holidays! Give your hard-to-buy-for friend an art piece that ties into their gallery wall, a set of Edison bulbs to surround their patio or even artisan candles and incense to keep their space smelling fresh!
It’s difficult to buy gifts for our friends and family, even when we know what they love! Oftentimes we need just a little spark to finalize an idea. For more inspiration, follow us on Instagram!
Feature Photo: Kinfolk